Welcome to my blog

Congratulations and welcome to friends, family and others who have found something of interest in my blog. The reason that I have created this blog is to share some of my experiences regarding my own journey of writing and publishing my autobiography. I am really excited and motivated about this whole process. I hope that what I write about is interesting to you and thank you for your encouragement and support.





Saturday, December 25, 2010

Loss or gain?

Hi everyone, I trust that you all had a wonderful Christmas and hope that you are now heading towards a fantastic New Year.  Today’s blog has been inspired by the fact that the New Year is just around the corner and I’m wondering what the future has in store for us all.

This morning I was reading a book called “The best is yet ahead” and it made me start to think about all of the people who were missing family over Christmas.  Some are missing family because they just didn’t get a chance to catch up; others are missing family because they have passed away. 

My question is why do we wait for Christmas to all catch up?  Why do we wait until the New Year to set a new goal?  Why do we wait until someone dies before we realise how much we loved them?

Now considering that we just spent yesterday giving each other presents and gifts then the following quote seems quite appropriate.

“There’s no time like the present”

Sometimes it takes for a loss before we recognised what we already had.  It often also takes for a loss to force us to do some things that we normally wouldn’t do? 

This is where the who, what, where, when, how and why questions come in?

WHO?
Who have you lost or hurt over the past year? 
Who do you need to forgive?

WHAT?
What have you done that you need to say sorry for?
What has this loss forced you to do that you normally wouldn’t do? 
What lessons have you learned from your loss?   
What are you still putting off?
What are you still holding on to?
What can you “let go” of?
What can you do now?

WHERE?
Where is your life headed?

WHEN?
When will you say sorry to someone for the hurt that you have caused?
When will you forgive someone for the hurt they have caused?
When will you know that your life is in perfect order?

HOW?
How many people do you have to lose before you learn life’s lessons?
How long will it take you to learn your life lessons?
How will you know what you need to do?
How will you move into the New Year?

WHY?
Why will you make changes in your life?
Why wait until someone dies before you make those changes in your life?
Why not now?
“Why put off tomorrow what you can do today?”
  
I’ve often wondered why someone makes a last will and testament when they die.  I now realise it’s because this is what they wish they had done while they were alive.  If you’re reading this blog, then that means that you are alive, so why not use your will to achieve all of these things in the New Year.  Instead of putting who, what, where, when, how and why in front of those questions, turn them into an action and say;
I will forgive someone, I will say sorry, I will “let go” of the past, I will learn my life’s lessons, I will make changes.  I will love myself, I will love others.
As Nike says;
Love and Peace everyone!  Until next time!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment