Welcome to my blog

Congratulations and welcome to friends, family and others who have found something of interest in my blog. The reason that I have created this blog is to share some of my experiences regarding my own journey of writing and publishing my autobiography. I am really excited and motivated about this whole process. I hope that what I write about is interesting to you and thank you for your encouragement and support.





Monday, December 13, 2010

Life patterns

What do you feel when you hear the words, life is a journey, life is full of lessons, we must learn from our mistakes?

Throughout my book I have looked back at my own life and have identified some of my own life patterns, journey, lessons and mistakes that I have made.  So today, instead of looking at my life and what I have learned, I want you look at your life, so that you can become more aware of some of the patterns that have occurred in your life.

Wouldn’t life be so much easier if it just came with a user manual which you could look up a problem in the index and work out how to fix it quickly?  Unfortunately, there is no such manual and yes all of the above clichés do come back to haunt us.  So let’s take a look at some of these sayings and see if you can see any evidence of them in your own life.

Life is a journey!

Yes I think we can all safely agree that life is a journey and it begins from the minute that we are born.  However, we are often all so worried about the destination that we forget to enjoy the ride. 
 
~ Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. ~ Greg Anderson
I love this quote because so often we spend so much time looking at the past hoping to find answers there, then we worry about the future and we just forget to live in the only moment; which is right now, in the "present".   



Here’s another quote to help you think about this point.

~ Yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery, but today is a gift.  That’s why it’s called the present. ~
Author unknown



I admit that I have spent the majority of my life, living in the past or worrying about the future.  I  remind myself daily that “now” is the only moment that I have, so accept it and enjoy it .   When we focus on the “moment” our thoughts become still and at peace.  This is the only place to be!

Life is full of lessons!
"Ah ha"
It is true that life is full of lessons.  These lessons are repeated over and over again until we learn them.  Often we don’t notice that the same lesson is occurring, but disguised in a different situation.  Life is very creative and tries to create a new experience from a different angle so that our subconscious minds might be more open to learning the lesson.  This continues endlessly until we learn the lesson.  These lessons are very subtle and you may not even notice the signs unless you are looking for them.  These signs or patterns only become evident when we stop thinking and quiet our minds.  When this occurs you will reach a new awareness.  It’s what is known as an “Ah ha” moment.  This is similar to a “light bulb” switching on in our minds.  Everything just becomes clear, all of a sudden you know what you know.  

It is only after this “moment” that you can move forward into the future.  When this occurs you take ownership of your life.  You take responsibility of your own actions and you no longer blame the past for your current situation.  It is a very powerful moment that impacts the rest of your life.  This is when you give yourself the best present of all; the ability to change.  

This next quote by Abraham Maslow wraps this thought up perfectly.  

"What is necessary to change a person is to change their awareness of themselves"

We must learn from our mistakes!
 
I know that we all have made mistakes, but who says they are mistakes?  When we shift our thinking to realise that there are no mistakes in life and our lives are always in perfect order, then real change can occur.  

Until next time!  Joy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment